Founder of Mindflower Studio
Abby Wilkymacky (Will-Key-Mack-E), the founder of Mindflower Studio, is a facilitator and visual practitioner. Mindflower Studio is a creative consultancy that helps socially-driven organizations define and solve problems through thoughtfully designed and facilitated workshop experiences.
Abby is known for her innovative facilitation, animated doodles, and human-centered techniques that drive creative participation in surprising, fun ways. Abby holds a BS in Industrial Design and Spanish from The Ohio State University (Go Buckeyes!). As an adjunct professor at Arizona State University, she taught undergraduate and graduate-level Industrial Design and Qualitative Research courses. Abby is an active member of IFVP (International Forum of Visual Practitioners), Mindcamp (an international creativity group and conference), and the Nonprofit Lifecycles Institute (to name a few).
Abby is a native Ohioan that moved to Phoenix for the sunshine and the promise of never having to scrape snow off her car. Outside of her work you may find Abby romping around in the desert on a mountain bike, shredding the slopes on skis, eating fresh veggies out of her garden, throwing pottery on the wheel, or doing crosswords with her cat.
• You don’t come up with noteworthy ideas in boring meetings.
• Diverse perspectives and the willingness to play are the keys for organizations to create momentum and solve problems.
• Everyone is inherently creative.
• Everyone can draw to communicate.
• Visuals (doodles) lower the barriers to entry for those who seek to understand new knowledge or share unique viewpoints.
• There is a such thing as “playful productivity”.
• Facilitating dynamic, visual experiences
• Enabling teams to creatively collaborate and innovate
• Integrating purposeful play into strategic work
• Helping people “see” what they are saying with a quick doodle.